In order to nominate someone:
- You must be between the ages of 16 and 60.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and be a legal resident of the United States of America.
- You may nominate someone in your immediate family, but they must NOT live in your home.
- You may not nominate yourself or coerce someone into nominating you.
- You must have known the nominee for a minimum of 1 year.
- You must be able to explain in a 200-500 word single-spaced essay why your nominee should be considered for Designing Dreams.
Nominees may be individuals, families or non-profit organizations that serves them. Specific requirements for each are individuals and families that have experienced one of the following:
- Suffered the loss of a loved one
- Suffered severe hardship due to economic crisis
- Suffered severe emotional and/or physical trauma due to an accident or act of God
- Suffered the inability to work or receive income due to a debilitating physical injury
Your nominee must also meet ALL of these requirements:
- Nominees must be between the ages of 6 and 64.
- Nominees must have valid driver’s license be a legal resident of the United States of America
- Nominees must own and live in the residence that will receive design services.
- Their home must be in one of the following Georgia communities: Cumming, Duluth, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, or Roswell.
- Nominees may not be currently receiving any form of welfare.
Organizations serving individuals or families in hardship may also be nominated if they meet the following requirements:
- Organizations must be non-profit (please submit a copy of your IRS determination letter) and must be legally registered for service in the state of GEORGIA.
- Organizations must have a location in Cumming, Duluth, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, or Roswell.
- The space to be re-designed must be used primarily for the benefit of the organization’s clients.
About your Entry:
Use the application form to submit your nomination. Attach your typewritten essay along with your application by the deadline. No handwritten applications will be accepted. Use the essay to describe the non-profit’s purpose including primary clientele served, mission, vision, governance and history. Please submit a copy of the organization’s budget for the most recently completed fiscal year. If nominating a family or individual, tell the story of the nominee’s journey that led them to their current situation. Articulate hardships and obstacles as well as good fortune your nominee has encountered. Share what this person is currently doing with their life and their dreams and aspirations for the future.