Looking for some fun ideas Father’s Day! Here are some ideas for my Forsyth County friends:
- Atlanta Motorsports Park– This hidden secret is located in nearby Dawsonville and offers kart rentals on a fee basis. Of course, membership at this fast paced country club would be a welcome gift for any automotive aficionado?
- Port Royale Marina – This waterfront marina is located on the Forsyth County side of the lake off Brown’s Bridge Rd., just minutes from 400. They offer boat rentals or you can enjoy a waterfront lunch or cold beverage under the tikki hut of Pelican Pete’s lakeside grill. You will feel like you are in the tropics! www.bestinboating.com/port_royale.
- Fish Tales Lakeside Grill – Another casual lakefront dining option. It is located at Hideaway Bay Marina in Flowery Branch. Great Food, Fun atmosphere! http://fishtaleslakelanier.com/
- Mutt Strutt– For the dog loving dad! This fun family event is being held at Fowler Park on Father’s Day. Bring your furry family friend or consider adopting a new one. Come out and support our local Humane Society. www.forsythpets.org .
- Sawnee Mountain Preserve – Located just 40 miles north of Atlanta in Cumming, Georgia, Sawnee Mountain Preserve provides visitors with 963 acres of scenic passive space, hiking trails and an interactive Visitor Center. Great adventure trip for the fitness oriented father! www.sawneemountain.org.
So there you have it! Ideas for the speed demon, the boater, the water lover, the “dog father” and the fitness enthusiast. Enjoy and please share your experiences with me!