Table of Contents
- Book Information
- Promotion Information
- Book Excerpt and Images
- Author Q & A
- Download Media Kit – PDF Version
- Contact Info
Title: Interiors for Living: Stylish and Comfortable Home Designs
Author: Allison Havill Todd
Date of Publication: May, 2015
Retail Price: $34.95
Full News Release:
From the Author:
“We all deserve to live in a beautiful home that is a reflection of our personality and lifestyle. Whether you live in a cottage or a castle, this same premise holds true. The price of the house is not what matters. We have transformed many environments over the past sixteen-plus years. I always feel the same sense of gratification when I know I have just helped make someone’s dream come true.
“I enjoy teaching my clients how to live well, and a balanced, harmonious environment is most important. Given the hectic pace of our lives, we all need a place that makes us feel good and nurtures our soul. Many times, just a few simple changes can transform a home into a more pleasing environment. Others require a more dramatic “overhaul.” Why wait to do this for someone else when you are trying to sell your home? Enjoy it to the fullest while you call it your own!
“This book is about lifestyle and creating homes for people to live in! I hope you enjoy the before and after photos as well as the notes I have included on the challenges we faced and the problems we solved. Where appropriate, I have also included some interesting stories about some of the clients we have served. The interiors of these homes were all designed for the people who live in them.”
Allison Havill Todd
Design is never just about jaw-dropping style; design allows you to love where you live. Looking at these stunning rooms, there is one thing that connects them: their owners can use them! Designing rooms for clients who love their homes demands not only creating an inviting and dazzling space that connects with the client’s personality and passions, but also developing a design that accomplishes the room’s purpose. Whether the client has two teenage soccer players, a few golden retrievers, fun and vibrant wine parties or a handful or precocious grandchildren, each deserves a home they can use and love. Allison Havill Todd’s Interiors for Living brings the love, passion and practical needs of her clients into her beautiful and functional designs. Join Allison as she walks you through the challenges she faced and shows you the before and after photos of the various spaces.
“Allison Havill Todd is one of those rare designers who truly understand the importance and personal value that living in a beautiful and balanced environment has on ones health and well being.
“Interiors for Living gorgeously illustrates how Allison works with real people with real lives and challenges … translating those needs into highly personal and functional interiors that are stylish, comfortable and timeless.”
Terri Taylor, ASID, IDS
Owner, Taylor Design Group and Design Biz Blueprint
“Savvy and successful Allison Havill Todd understands the challenges and aspirations of her clients. More than stunning designs, “Interiors for Living” showcases personal stories that inspire ways to make the most of one’s home. With this book, she continues to share her talents with our community, making North Atlanta a more enjoyable place to live one home at a time.”
Colleen Ann McNally
Associate Editor, Points North Magazine
“Beautiful, tasteful, and comfortable. Isn’t that what we all want our homes to be? Well, here’s Allison Havill Todd to show us how to make our dreams come true. And what better way to lead us through the whole design process than to start with who the clients are and how they want to live, then the design challenges, and et voila, the wonderful results. The before and after pictures tell the whole story. A book of enormous grace, style, and practicality with some wit thrown in for good measure. Who could ask for anything more?”
Retired VP, Doubleday Books
(Please click thumbnail for high-resolution images. They may take a moment to appear due to size.)
Author Q & A
- What makes your book different? This is not just another coffee table book with photos of beautiful rooms. Although the beautiful “after” photos of the homes we have worked in are certainly an important part, this book is more about rooms and homes that people enjoy living in. Each part of the book is a story about the people who live in these homes, the design challenges we faced and the solutions that were created.
- Why did you write it? I have a very strong personal belief that our environments have a great effect on our overall sense of well being. I really enjoy helping my client create homes they love to live in that are a reflection of who they are and how they choose to live.
- Was there a gap in the market for this approach? I believe so. In the past there has been a focus on creating museum-like show houses. Now I think there is a strong desire from people to have a home that is not only stylish but also comfortable, inviting and welcoming to friends and other visitors.
- Is your background unique from the average designer? Yes. I have a very left brain/ right brain balance. While I am creative and artistic, I also have a very organized approach to my design projects. I think my strong background in business and degree in economics have had a very positive impact on my business and my relationship with my clients. When you are working on whole house projects, there are a lot of moving parts and pieces that can be very complex and require very careful planning to arrive at the desired result. The feedback I hear most often from my clients is that I truly listen to them and help them create homes that are a reflection of their lifestyle and personality, not mine. I just want to make sure it all works together and the end result is one that exceeds their expectations. I also like to have fun throughout the whole process. I often joke with my new clients that if they are looking for a fun and enjoyable experience, I am the right one for them. If they are looking for attitude, they would be better off working with someone else.
Media Kit: PDF Version
Review Copy Requests