Our goal is to provide you with an exceptional level of service and an experience that exceeds your expectations as well as a clear understanding of the process.
PHASE ONE: CONSULTATION & DESIGN CONCEPT
- A complimentary introductory phone consultation is scheduled with your designer to discuss your project and time frame, and to determine if you are a good fit for one another. Prior to scheduling this phone call, you will receive a brief lifestyle questionnaire to complete and return to our office. This will give us a better understanding of your priorities and what you are looking to accomplish in your home, so that we can make the best use of our time together.
- Initial in-home consultation with your designer to assess your needs, lifestyle, preferences and take into consideration any personal pieces you currently have to incorporate in your new plan. We invite you to share any room settings from magazines or internet sites that are appealing. It is best not to have too many specific, preconceived ideas at this time as we may end up suggesting something you may not have thought of. This is also a time to discuss the timeline for your project, along with the estimated furnishings budget and our design fee. It is important for anyone who will have input on the project to be present at this meeting. No specific design advice is offered at this meeting; it is more of a diagnostic meeting for us to understand your goals and be able to provide the ideal solution. This meeting usually takes two hours.
- Review your Letter of Agreement outlining the scope of your project and estimated costs. 50% of the design fee (or a $2800 minimum) is requested at this time if we plan to move forward together. We will also plan on taking necessary photos and measurements at this time and set the next date for your Presentation Meeting.
- The Presentation Meeting generally takes place 2 – 3 weeks after we have received your approval on the letter of agreement and collected the initial design fee. An example of items included in your design concept: space plans, new upholstered furniture pieces (sofas, chairs, etc.), window treatment fabrics and design, case goods (tables/chest, bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, etc.), bedding, area rugs, carpeting and lighting. We can also specify products needed for remodeling projects such as flooring, countertops, cabinetry finish/style, paint colors, etc. All is assembled on a virtual concept board. This meeting usually takes place at our Design Studio. The balance of the design fee is due at this time.
- Any revisions will be reviewed during a second presentation meeting at our Design Studio. Our design fee allows for up to 3 different recommendations on any given product and final decisions are made during the 30 day refinement period after the initial Presentation Meeting. Additional time spent for sourcing products, assembling materials, pricing and client meetings outside of this will be billed at the hourly rate of $160/hour for the designer and $50/hour for any support staff.
- Following your approval on final designs and plans, we will present you with a product invoice and request your signature along with a 75% deposit for products to be ordered. This generally takes place at the first presentation meeting for each area we are addressing or follow-up meeting if revisions are being made.
PHASE TWO: PURCHASING & IMPLEMENTATION
- AHT Interiors is able to offer turn-key purchasing and implementation services where we handle every detail of ensuring that the products we have recommended, and you have approved, arrive in excellent condition to your home and are placed by the design team. We have accounts with dozens of different manufacturers directly to provide you with all of the elements to successfully complete your interior décor. We offer our clients our wholesale or designer pricing on any purchases we make on your behalf and have a 37% purchasing fee to cover the administrative and operational expenses of handling all of the details of this process. We strive to offer our clients a very fair price on the products we are sourcing for you. In most instances, your final cost will be well below retail pricing.
- Your project manager will contact you within 3 days of approval on product invoice to introduce themselves and provide direct contact information.
- AHT Interiors orders, tracks, schedules all shipping and delivery to our warehouse, inspects all products ordered, handles any trouble-shooting and coordinates all installation dates. We will hold all products that are part of your plan until everything has arrived. Although multiple room and whole house plans can happen in phases.
- Your project manager updates you every 2 weeks on the progress of the project.
- Once all products that are part of the plan have arrived, a final installation/delivery date is scheduled with you. The final balance of the product invoice is due at least one week in advance of your delivery date or when items are received by AHT Interiors if we are holding products for a future installation date.
- Installation day: Your designer and team will meet on site to coordinate all aspects of the project completion. Some parts of the project may be completed in advance such as painting, carpentry work, flooring or wallcovering. We ask that the client not be home, or in the areas we will be working in during this time, so we can ensure that everything is perfectly in place before inviting you into your new home.
- Accessorizing: No room is complete without all of the finishing touches! Your designer is able to source, purchase and place accessory items along with incorporating some of your existing pieces upon request. Such items will be left on an approval basis for the client for 3 days and shall require payment in full at that time unless arrangements have been made prior to that to return the items to our design studio. This service is not included in the design concept fee, and we are happy to provide it on an hourly basis of $160/hour. We also request a minimum deposit in advance, equivalent to 15% of the furnishings budget to purchase appropriate pieces to finish your home. You will be provided with an invoice for the sum of any accessories purchased on your behalf and any difference due from the deposit will be settled on the final accessory invoice.
- Post installation: Your designer schedules a follow-up meeting with you approximately 2 weeks after project completion. Our work is not done until we have exceeded your expectations! We value your input and want to know how we did.