As leather furniture is made from hide, it needs special care in comparison to fabric upholstery. Although you will have to put in some effort to take care of leather furniture, it’s certainly worth the extra attention in the long run. Follow the below tips in order to get the most out of your gorgeous leather pieces:
Care & Cleaning Tips
- Place leather furniture away from any heat sources as they will dry the leather over a period of time.
- Leather furniture should also be placed away from direct sunlight, as sunlight will fade it.
- Remove dust from leather furniture by cleaning it regularly with a slightly damp cloth. Be sure not to soak the cloth, as the excessive water will damage the leather.
- Use a dry cloth to blot anything that spills on the leather and then allow it to air-dry. Don’t rub!
- Use leather furniture cleaners and creams to keep your leather pieces soft and supple and to increase resistance to stains. Leather-care products are easily available at home improvement stores, so if you don’t already have any, pick up some next time you’re out!